IMPORTANT : Last date for filling the questionnaire is 10th September
New to open source?
Do you want to learn how to create _real_ world programs?
Well, all that is required is a decent knowledge of C/C++, loads of enthusiasm and the attitude to plough through till you see the problem solved.
We, at Shaastra, believe that Hackfest is a fantastic way to get a bunch of enthusiastic programmers together and get them started on contributing to open source projects. At Hackfest, you can take a peek into the world of development, learn the ways of a pro and get to interact with the Indian open source community. You can try your hand at finding and fixing bugs and may be even get a patch with your name on it! For those even keener, you can get started on adding some simple/nice features to your favourite open source software. Rest assured that we'll be there to help you take your first steps into the world of contribution. Join us this October for a bigger and better Hackfest at Shaastra 2010.
May the source be with you!
Registrations for Hackfest are now Open!
To register for Hackfest :
1. Create an account on the Shaastra User portal.
(The Userportal button on the left sidebar)
2. Click on "Solo Event Registration"
3. Scroll down,and click on Hackfest
Or just go to the following link - http://www.shaastra.org/2010/
5. Once you finish filling it,and want to submit your answers,click on "Lock Answers"
(Note: Your answers will NOT be submitted to us till you click on lock answers)
6. We will send you a mail informing you whether you were selected or not.
Useful Info :
* Selection of Participants - An application form containing a questionnaire will be put up on the website. The selection of participants would be based on the application and the answers to the questionnaire.
* The event is spread through 3 days of Shaastra. A couple of introductory talks for a day or two will be followed by the hands-on sessions in the evenings (from 8:30 pm onwards).
* Pre-registration IS absolutely required for this event.
* Filling the application form is COMPULSORY for all interested participants.
Do I need to be familiar with Linux?
- Preferably, since we'll be working in a Linux environment in the hands-on sessions.
What do I get out of participating in this event?
- @ Read intro!
For how many days is the event?
- 3 nights at Shaastra.
Is there any restriction about which year the participant is in?
Is there any restriction of participant being of any specific branch?
- Not at all.
Do I have to bring anything?
- No, everything required for the event will be provided by us.
For further queries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sarthak M Pathak
For any queries regarding the event please feel free to contact: